Middle school is the most important stage of education. It is an educational stage providing education between primary school and high school. It’s when people really start to become knowledgeable and skilled. With a coherent curriculum, writing will give middle school students the ability to communicate with fluidity and clarity.
The essay topics help them explore some interesting ideas related to both social life and academic knowledge in middle school so far!
Essay writing is an excellent way for learners to express their thoughts and ideas. Learners can take time in class or at home to ponder about the topic they are interested in learning more about and then use that knowledge as a background when drafting essays on it.
There is no better way to understand a student’s individual qualities than through essay writing. This form of expression lets students share how they see themselves and what makes them unique while simultaneously building on their communication skills.
Middle school essay topics need good writing skills and comprise argumentative essay topics and narrative essay topics. The purpose of argumentative essays is to organize and present your well-reasoned conclusions in order to persuade the audience to accept—or at least seriously consider—your point of view. With narrative writing, the purpose is to tell stories on a range of topics. This is quite similar to creative writing which is used to both entertain and share the human experience
In many essay assignments, 5-paragraph essays are usually common in high school.
The best thing you can do as a parent or teacher would be to choose something that reflects their personal experience. We have compiled a long list of writing prompts to help college students when they are writing their own 5-paragraph essays.
Best Essay Topics For Middle School
1. How family issues can affect the development of a child
2. The importance culture plays at a workplace
3. Are vegan diets good for a person’s health?
4. How did the invention of the mobile phone change the world?
5. What are the advantages of using technology in class settings?
6. The negative effects of living an unhealthy life
7. What are the consequences of legalizing drugs?
8. What caused the extinction of dinosaurs and could it have been prevented?
9. Does a person’s behavior change when they’re in front of many people?
10. What are the causes and consequences of earthquakes?
11. The impact of technology on a person’s IQ
12. Should be learning a second language be made compulsory in middle school?
13. Should parents keep a close eye on their children’s online activities?
14. How to deal with stress both at home and at work
15. How can one protect themselves from scammers online?
16. What are the dangers of heavy smoking?
17. How the coronavirus outbreak has affected the job market
18. What are the positives and negatives of video games?
19. Should the prison system in America be reformed?
20. Why is cryptocurrency very popular these days?
21. Should men and women receive equal pay for doing the same job?
22. Do schools do enough to prevent bullying?
23. How has social media changed the way we do business in 2020?
24. How to work effectively with people from different cultures
25. Will there be flying cars in the future?
26. What are the major causes of global warming?
27. How to communicate effectively
28. Why competition is very important in sports
29. What was the impact of World War II on women’s rights?
30. What are the 10 things people should be doing to help conserve the environment?
Argumentative Essays Prompts
1. Would a later start to the school day be beneficial?
2. At what age should children get smartphones?
3. What is the best solution to climate change?
4. What is the biggest problem facing your generation?
5. Are magazine covers harmful to kids’ self-esteem?
6. Does the right to free speech include student comments on the Internet?
7. Should your school do more to prevent bullying?
8. Who faces more pressure: boys or girls?
9. Should healthcare be free?
10. Is it easier to learn online or in the classroom?
11. Should the voting age be lowered to 16 in the United States?
12. What is the best way to prevent crime in the community?
Good Persuasive Essay Topics
1. Why should someone vote for you in a mock presidential election?
2. Where is the best location for a vacation? Why should others go there?
3. Should your school have a dress code?
4. Why should you receive a higher allowance?
5. Should students be allowed to eat in class?
6. Is it ethical to test products on animals?
7. Write a letter to the editor about an article in the paper with which you agree or disagree.
8. The worst thing about middle school is…
9. What is the best way to prepare eggs?
10. Is music important in a person’s daily life?
11. Would you rather shrink to the size of a penny or grow to the size of a building?
12. Would you rather have a long summer break or more frequent breaks throughout the year?
13. Should your school reduce the amount of homework?
14. The best thing about middle school is…
15. What is the worst chore to have?
16. Do you believe that smokers should be able to smoke wherever they want?
17. Should users be able to download movies and TV shows for free?
18. Is it more important to be honest or popular?
Writing Prompts for Middle School
Get Help from the Experts with your Middle School Essay Topics Paper
We understand that it can be hard to choose a topic, so we have put together some ideas you may consider. You’ll also find links below for more topics and information on how our writers will help your essay writing process. If you need help choosing a topic or getting started with an outline, please get in touch with us now to get the assistance you deserve from a professional writer. Order Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some good essay topics?
- Most recent travel experience.
- Your first time on a plane.
- The loss of a pet that changed your life.
- The first book you read.
- The worst memory you have.
- The death of a friend or relative that influenced you.
- Your best friend and how you met.
- Your favorite childhood memory.
What should I write my middle school essay about?
- A funny time in my family.
- A great place to go.
- A cozy spot at home.
- A great treehouse.
- A day at the beach.
- A great day with a friend.
- A helpful person I have met.
- A day in the desert.
What are 3 good topics for an essay?
- The first book you read.
- Your first time on a plane.
- The worst memory you have.
What is a good topic for 7th grade?
1. Do athletes, celebrities, and CEOs deserve to make more money than the average person?
2. Does the average American have a healthy diet? What are the effects of good or bad eating habits on the healthcare system?
3. Do schools do enough to prevent bullying?
4. Is arts education as important as other types of the curriculum?
5. Is it ever fair for minorities to receive special treatment or consideration?
6. What responsibilities do people have to help one another out?
7. Does nature or nurture play a bigger role in who we are?
8. Do people have a right to Internet access?
9. Do girls or boys face more societal pressure—or do they face equal amounts?
10. Do violent video games make people more likely to be violent in real life?
11. Should students have a greater say in what they learn?
12. What one thing should all households be doing to conserve energy?
13. Does reality television accurately depict real life? Do movies?
14. Is Common Core good for students?
15. What is the greatest challenge today’s students face?
What are 5-paragraph essay topics for middle school?
1. How Does Music Influence Student Performance During Homework, Tests or Writing?
2. How Can We Prevent Animal Extinction And Endangerment? What Can We Do As a Country or a State? What Can Individuals Do?
3. Should E-books Or Physical Textbooks Be Used in Schools? Why?
4. Should Middle School Students Be Given Free Time or Recess During the School Day? Would This Improve School Performance or Take Away From Instructional Time?
5. What Should The Curfew Be In The State or at Your Home? Why?
6. Should Middle School Students Be Allowed to See Higher Rated Films?
7. Should Standardized Tests Be Required In Schools? Why or Why Not?
8. Is Fast Food to Blame For the Obesity Problem?
9. Why Should Students Be Allowed to Listen to Music During Tests?
10. Should Movie Ratings Be Changed So That More People Can See Them?
11. Should Cell Phones And Other Electronic Devices Be Allowed At School? If So, at What Times? What Regulations Should Be Put on Them?
12. What Ways Can You Prevent Bullying In Your Community or at School? What Can You Do to Raise Awareness?
13. What Are Some of the Changes That Should Be Made at School? How Can These Changes Be Made?
14. Why Is Or Isn’t Education Important? Does It Contribute to One’s Success?
15. In What Ways Does Peer Pressure Affect Individuals? For Better or For Worse?
16. What Is Important to Have In a Friendship? Why?
17. What Are Some Alternatives To Standardized Testing In Schools? Will They Work As Well?
18. Should Students Have More Freedom at School? In What Areas?
19. Is Too Much Pressure Put On Students to Participate In Extracurricular Activities?
20. Should Students Be Required to Bring Their Own Computers or Tablets to School?
What are good argumentative topics in middle school?
1. School uniforms should be required.
2. All students should be required to volunteer in the community.
3. Year-round education is better for students.
4. Corporal punishment should be allowed in schools.
5. Homework should be banned.
6. The internet should be banned from schools.
7. Children should not be allowed to drink soda.
8. Junk food should be banned from schools.
9. All students should have daily chores.
10. All parents should be required to attend parenting classes before having a child.
11. Every home should have a pet.
12. Every student should play a musical instrument.
13. All museums should be free to the public.
14. All students should be required to learn a foreign language in middle school.
15. PE should be required of all students throughout middle and high school.
Expository writing prompts for middle school
1. Are you the oldest, middle, or youngest child in your family? Explain what you like or dislike about your position.
2. Think of something your parents always tell you and explain why it is or isn’t true.
3. Explain why it is so important for kids to attend school.
4. Explain what your favorite thing to do after school is.
5. Think about a time when you did something that you didn’t want to do. Explain why you did it anyway.
6. Explain why you shouldn’t have too many sweets or snacks.
7. Think about a famous person whom you would like to meet and explain why you would want to meet them.
8. Explain three ways that people can do nice things for one another.
9. Explain why it is important to eat healthy foods.
10. Explain what you would do if a friend got mad at you for something that you didn’t do.
11. Think about a time when you couldn’t stop laughing and explain what happened.
12. Think about what you want to be when you grow up and explain why you think that would be the best job.
13. Think of your most valued possession. Explain why it is so important to you.
14. Think of a person whom you consider to be a hero. Explain why other people should admire this person.
15. Choose an important tool that can be found in our classroom. Explain how it has made an impact on teachers and students.
With a passion for education and student empowerment, I create blog content that speaks directly to the needs and interests of students. From study hacks and productivity tips to career exploration and personal development