Problem solution essays are often given to test the student’s ability to identify problems and develop creative solutions. A problem is usually identified in an essay question or through your personal experience.
Therefore, you should have at least three answers for each issue that you address in order not only to show the breadth of knowledge but also to provide different perspectives on how one could solve it.
The first step to writing a problem-solution essay is choosing problem solution essay topics. The most important factor in this decision should be finding something you are passionate about, and that has the best solutions, not just problems with no way out – whether the ideas come from your own life or not.
It’s also helpful if these challenges have actionable interventions for those reading it – issues where they can do more than feel bad and then go on their merry way without any change at all!
There are different essays, and some are more than just informative. They can be interesting, intriguing, and educative as well! If you want to help your community with their social challenges but don’t know where to start or what issues they have, problem-solution essay writing might be the perfect thing for you. Unfortunately, writing such an article is not always easy because of high expectations.
However, this list will give tips on creating a winning topic proposal. Each suggested item presented here gives you broad options to identify evidence and examples to provide actionable solutions.
Excellent Problem Solution Essay Topics
- How can the traffic department manage traffic effectively during peak hours?
- What should couples do to avoid divorce?
- How can the traffic department encourage good driving
- How can college discourage students against radicalization
- How can parents teach children to be responsible citizens
- How can government prison inmates be good citizens
- How can the government manage rural to urban migration
- How can single parents kids be encouraged to be responsible
- Must children train hard at their formative ages to great athletes
- How can Universities recruit and maintain talented lecturers
- How can the cost of healthcare be made affordable for all
- How can schools integrate individual students
- How can schools give back to society
- How can college students choose a trade project
- How can college students request upkeep money from guardians
- How can colleges enable US students to get affordable laptops for ease of learning
- How can college students manage their finances while on campus
- How can you minimize injuries in rugby?
- How can the city inspectorate of education improve literacy in the informal settlements?
- How can athletes manage their lives post-retirement
- How can college students resolve their disputes amicable
- How college students get out of toxic relationships
- How can students balance academic and social lives
- What is the nexus between freedom of speech and infringement of others rights
- How can college students secure internship opportunities
- How can union avoid procrastinating members salary increment
- How can colleges identify students engaged in drug trafficking
- How can honesty be instilled in children
- How can colleges generate income to sustain co-curriculum activities
- How can Nairobi city be made more pedestrian-friendly?
- How can college students balance curriculum and co-curriculum activities
- How can students manage their time effectively
- How can fan the best support their teams to do their best
- How can teachers maintain student discipline in class
- How can society handle drug abuse among college students
10 Major Categories of Problem Solutions Essay Topics List
1. Political issues
2. Social issues
3. Cultural issues
4. Economic issues
5. For college students
6. Interpersonal relationships
7. Health issues
8. Crime issues
10. Environment issues
13. College Life
14. Family Life
15. Driving and Transportation
Problem solution Essay Topics: Political issues
1. How can legislation limit the sources of campaign financing for political candidates?
2. What are legal ways to stop human trafficking?
3. What steps should the government take to solve the issue of immigrant assimilation?
4. How can the government improve the quality of life for the disabled?
5. What are the ways of eliminating child labor?
6. How can the government make education more affordable?
7. How is it possible to increase the number of voters during elections?
8. How can military threats in the world be reduced through diplomacy?
9. How can piracy be stopped?
Problem solution Essay: Social issues
1. What are the ways of reducing the gender pay gap?
2. What are the ways of eliminating domestic violence against the elderly?
3. How can domestic violence be reduced in our society?
4. How can the problem of cyberbullying be solved?
5. How is it possible to control and regulate teenage pregnancy?
6. How to create a fair and ethical immigration system?
7. How to encourage people to adopt children?
8. How can the body-shaming issue be solved?
9. How can body positivity movement be prevented from going too far?
10. How to improve privacy in a digital society?
11. What can our society do to reduce the impact of gender roles?
12. How can the issue of racial discrimination be solved in our society?
Problem solution Essay: Cultural issues
1. How can the issue of ageism be solved in our culture?
2. What are the ways of encouraging cultural exchange?
3. How can cultural diversity be promoted in organizations?
4. What are the solutions to cultural issues in managing a culturally diverse workforce?
5. How can the detrimental impact of the fast fashion industry on consumerism be reduced?
6. What are the ways of reducing the cultural impact of the ideal body image promoted in the media
7. How can people learn respect for other cultures?
8. How can the culture of throw-away society be eliminated?
9. What are possible solutions to consumerism?
10. How can cultural appropriation be reduced or eliminated?
11. How is it possible to increase the number of films that pass the Bechdel test?
Good Problem Solution Essay Topics: Economic issues
1. How can monopolies be brought under control?
2. How can the problem of unemployment be settled in the long run?
3. How can the tourism rate be increased?
4. How can domestic goods and services remain compatible in global markets?
5. How can the domestic economy be stimulated without limiting imports?
6. How can different types of unemployment be solved?
7. What are the ways to control inflation?
8. How can the issue of consumer debt be reduced?
9. How can The government and society promote SMEs?
10. How can technologies be used to reduce waste?
Problem solution Essay: For college students
1. What are the ways of avoiding cheating?
2. How can college students avoid alcohol abuse?
3. How can the issue of student loans be solved?
4. What are the ways the government can support college education?
5. How to control the level of stress in college?
6. How can college students avoid substance abuse?
7. How can colleges adjust their programs to the requirements of the current labor market?
8. What are the ways to maintain a healthy diet while studying in college?
9. What are the ways a college student can choose their major?
10. What are the ways to make college education more affordable?
11. How to increase the efficiency of studying in college?
12. How to avoid procrastination in college?
Problem solution Essay: Interpersonal relationships
1. How can the negative effects of social media be reduced in face-to-face communication?
2. How can we as individuals support the elderly?
3. What are the ways to solve the issue of marital rape?
4. How can a person go out of abusive relationships?
5. How can the issue of overprotective parents be solved?
6. How to develop confidence?
7. How can we as individuals increase technical literacy across all ages?
8. How can trust between children and parents be built?
9. How can people fight racial discrimination on the level of interpersonal relationships in everyday life?
Problem solution Essay: Health issues
1. What are the ways of regulating the risks of increasing rates of cosmetic plastic surgery?
2. What are the ways to promote physical activity and sports?
3. How can people be educated about healthy food?
4. How is it possible to minimize the issue of STDs?
5. How can the issue of obesity be solved?
6. How can overconsumption of sugar be reduced?
7. How can open discussion of mental health issues be encouraged in our society?
8. What are the ways of reducing the number of tobacco consumption?
9. How can the problem of substance abuse be solved?
10. What are the ways of reducing childhood obesity?
11. What are the ways of solving stress-related health issues?
Problem solution Essay: Crime issues
1. How is it possible to eliminate the association between poverty and crime?
2. What are the ways to prevent large corporations from polluting the environment?
3. What are the ways to reduce racial violence?
4. How can the issue of cybercrime be solved?
5. What are the ways to prevent white-collar crime?
6. How can wrongful imprisonment cases be minimized?
7. What are the ways to solve the real estate fraud problem?
8. How can the increasing problem of mass shootings be solved?
9. What are the most effective ways of reducing driving under the influence (DUI) rates?
10. What are the solutions to the gun violence problem?
11. How can the issue of gangs be brought under control?
12. How can police brutality be eliminated?
Problem solution Essay: Education
1. How can schools contribute to the solution of suicide?
2. How can schools improve school security systems to ensure the safety of students and teachers?
3. How can schools contribute to solving the issue of gender discrimination?
4. How can schools encourage students to be lifelong learners?
5. How is it possible to eliminate bullying in schools?
6. How can schools promote tolerance?
7. How can schools adjust their education programs to the requirements of modern society (e.g., technical literacy)?
8. How can schools improve social programs, such as art?
9. How can schools contribute to solving the issue of racial discrimination?
10. What are the ways of reducing cheating?
11. What are the ways of solving the issue of disruptive students?
Problem solution Essay: Environment issues
1. How can the problem of greenwashing be solved?
2. What are the ways to reduce plastic pollution?
3. What are the ways we can recycle as individuals?
4. What are the ways of transferring to alternative energy sources?
5. How can reduce biodiversity be improved?
6. How can green cars solve the issue of air pollution?
7. What are the ways of waste management we need to implement as a society?
8. What are the ways to solve the issue of landfills?
9. How can the lack of clean drinking water be solved?
10. What are the ways of reducing population density in urban areas?
11. How can fracking be brought under control?
12. What are possible solutions to the issue of overpopulation and resource depletion?
13. How can deforestation be reduced?
14. How can production process externalities be minimized?
Problem solution Essay: Relationships
1. How can you help a friend or roommate who is making poor life choices?
2. How can you get out of a bad relationship?
3. What’s the best way to deal with manipulative and domineering people?
4. How can we break down barriers between groups?
5. What is the best way to help someone who is depressed?
6. How can we get away from stereotypes and racism? What steps can we take as individuals and as a society?
7. How can we learn to understand people who are different from us culturally, racially, or socioeconomically?
8. How can you move out of the “friend zone”?
9. How can you solve the problem of a jealous boyfriend or girlfriend?
10. How can social media bullying be prevented?
11. What is the best way for a woman to show a man she is interested? Should she ask him out?
12. How has texting affected face-to-face relationships?
13. What can be done to ensure that people today know how to have “real” relationships?
Problem solution Essay: Sports and Athletics Topics
1. How can colleges better handle the combination of education, athletics, and business?
2. How can steroid use be limited in all sports (or in particular)?
3. How should money made from sports be divided between players and owners?
4. How can injuries in sports (especially football) be prevented?
5. How can coaches best encourage their athletes to do their best?
6. What can be done to increase attendance at your favorite sporting event?
7. How can players prepare themselves for the (inevitable) loss?
8. Do kids train too hard in athletics at young ages?
9. How should a coach or player handle media interviews when they lose a big game?
10. How can players prevent injuries that take them out of competitive sports?
11. Pick your favorite sport. How can someone best prepare themselves to be excellent at that sport?
12. How can sports media be more effective at covering a sport you like to watch? Should the announcers be biased or not? Which games should be covered by sports networks? What types of interviews and special features make the sport more interesting to watch?
13. What should professional players do to prepare themselves for retirement or injury?
14. Think about your local sports team. What can be done to make that team more effective? How can the fans be made to support the team more?
15. What can be done about parents or coaches that push kids too much in sports?
16. Think about your favorite venue to watch sports live. What could be done to improve that venue?
17. Pick your favorite sport. How much should players get paid? Should there be salary caps?
18. Should college athletes be paid?
19. What is the best way for a young athlete to learn a sport? (You might want to talk about a particular sport you know well).
20. How can coaching be improved in the sport you participated in during high school or your favorite professional team?
Problem solution Essay: College Life
1. How can students learn to be better test-takers?
2. How should you decide what college to attend?
3. How can college students manage their money effectively?
4. How can colleges help students who fail to get back on track?
5. How can college be made more affordable?
6. Should the government offer more support for a college education?
7. What is the best way for college students to balance work, studying, classes, and social life?
8. How can students pay more attention in class?
9. What should be done to prevent sexual assault on college campuses?
10. Should parents be allowed to know the grades of their college students?
11. How can college students decide on a major?
12. What can be done to make college students more active in politics and elections?
13. What should you do about loud neighbors in your dorm or apartment?
14. How can college students stay in shape when they aren’t in sports like in high school?
15. What should college students do when they have a suicidal friend?
16. How can college students handle problems with roommates?
17. How can college students study effectively and earn better grades?
18. What should you do if you don’t get something you expected and hoped for (like a scholarship, college admission, or acceptance into a special program)?
19. What is the best way for college students to convince their parents to let them be independent?
20. How should a student decide whether to rush a sorority or fraternity?
Problem solution Essay: Family Life
1. What is the importance of religious education? How should parents handle teaching faith to their children?
2. What can be done about parents who push too hard for their children to achieve in sports, academics, fine arts, or another area?
3. What is the best way to help families who have a child with a mental illness?
4. How can parents teach their children about money management?
5. How can parents best handle homework?
6. How can parents help their children have a positive body image and avoid eating disorders?
7. How can parents handle their child’s cell phone and social media use appropriately?
8. How can parents encourage their children to be honest?
9. How can we prevent young people from aging out of the child welfare system without ever finding a family?
10. What is the best way for parents to discipline their children?
11. What can be done to increase the number of adopted children?
12. Should parents be held responsible for the obesity of their children? What should be done to help families with obese children?
Problem solution Essay: Driving and Transportation
1. How can parking be handled better on your college campus (or another busy area you know where it is difficult to park)?
2. What is the best way to find the route to a place you’ve never been to before? (GPS, Google Maps, directions from a friend?)
3. How can people be encouraged to take public transportation? What needs to be done to make public transportation an effective option for more people in your town?
4. Is the current driver’s education in your state effective? What can be done to improve it?
5. How should we encourage people to be better drivers?
6. What are the worst traffic violations? How can these be prevented?
7. How can traffic around your town be changed to make driving easier and less stressful?
8. What changes could be made to the traffic laws to make driving better? What should the speed limits be?
9. What is the best way for students to be trained to be good drivers? Should there be any changes to the current laws of your state?
10. What is the best way to prevent DUI and deaths due to drunk driving?
11. What should be done about the problem of texting while driving?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a problem-solution topic?
Problem solution essay topics are of particular interest as they are used to heading problem-solution essays. This type of essay identifies an existent issue, challenge, or problem in our society and tangible ways to fix them.
What are 3 good topics for an essay?
1. Participating in team sports helps to develop good character.
2. College students should have complete freedom to choose their courses.
3. Americans should have more holidays and longer vacations.
4. The production and sale of cigarettes should be made illegal.
What is a problem-solution example?
Environmental Problem: What should we do to reduce the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere?
Best Solution 1: Use renewable energy to fuel your home and vehicles.
Best Solution 2: Make recycling within local communities mandatory.
What are some good essay topics?
· Your favorite childhood memory.
· Most recent travel experience.
· The death of a friend or relative that influenced you.
· The loss of a pet that changed your life.
· Your best friend and how you met.
· Your first time on a plane.
· The first book you read.
· The worst memory you have.
Get Help from the Experts with your Problem Solution Essay Topics Paper
Conclusion paragraph: If you are struggling with coming up with a topic for your next essay, contact our team of experts to help. We have helped thousands of students worldwide and understand how difficult it can be to find an interesting subject that is not too broad or narrow but just right. Let us know what type of topics you would like assistance on, and we will create a custom-written paper for any topic in under 24 hours! You won’t regret giving us a try as this could be the most exciting opportunity yet to please all those boring teachers who seem impossible to please. Order now, so you don’t miss out on another great chance!