Essay writing is an important task that is often assigned to students in high school, college as well as graduate level education.
Any skill whether academic or non-academic requires thousands of hours to be mastered and essay writing is one of such academic skills in which students are given more and more practice and are trained this way.
There are a number of essay types and styles that range from creative writing to rigorous dissertations and term papers.
Be it any type or style there are always certain principles that stand true to all of these.
EssayFreelanceWriters.Com is here to teach you everything that you need to know about how to write a coherent piece!
What is an Essay?
An essay is defined as a piece of writing that is written about any subject which means that you have an infinite number of areas and topics to choose from.
Be it about anything, make sure you provide enough information and properly cover up the topic.
But before that you need to understand the basic essay structure which can be implemented into writing any type of essay.
The basic essay structure consists of three main parts; an introduction, a body, and a conclusion.
Every essay type is written with a different purpose in mind.
For instance, an argumentative or a persuasive essay tends to prove a particular stance.
This may include assumptions and suggestions to reinforce the argument with some outside support material and sources.
Another type is the informative essays, in which you provide some useful and new and information without taking sides.
Informative essays are well researched essays in which you provide factual information to the audience about a specific topic.
Only creative writing is the type of writing that does not have any specific format and allows you more freedom in writing style.
You can either write about your personal experience or some incident in a story or tale form.
10 Most Common Types of Essays
- 5- Paragraph Essay
- Descriptive Essay
- Expository Essay
- Creative Writing Essay
- Cause and Effect Essay
- Persuasive Essay
- Compare and Contrast Essay
- Narrative Essay
- Process Essay
- Analytical Essay
- 5-Paragraph Essay: Essay written in the basic five paragraph format for expository, persuasive, or narrative purposes!
- Descriptive Essay: An essay that gives a description of a certain topic or thing giving a full explanation!
- Expository Essay: An essay that gives a detailed explanation of any topic without taking any stance in order to educate a reader.
- Creative Writing Essay: Essay which is written in any form about any topic in any style. It can be a story or anything!
- Cause-and-Effect Essay: Essay which is written with an in-depth analysis of a situation stating its causes and effects!
- Persuasive Essay: Essay written with a purpose to persuade the audience about a certain point of view or idea!
- Compare-and-Contrast Essay: Essay that critically states the similarities and differences between two things.
- Narrative Essay: It is narrating any story just like creative writing essay. However there is a specific set of formatting instructions that is followed in these types of essays.
- Process Essay: An essay which explains the step by step procedure of something!
- Analytical Essay: A type of essay that is the result of some critical thinking and analysis involving application of personal inferences.
Steps To Take Before Essay Writing
Select a Proper Topic
Research the Topic well
Do Brainstorming for Ideas
In depth Subject Dealing
Stick to the Topic
Write a Proper Thesis Statement
Define the Purpose of your Writing
Now let us take a look at all the steps that should be taken before you even pick up your pen for writing.
1 Select a proper Topic: one of the foremost and most important steps in the whole writing process is selecting a proper topic.
Your topic can either make your essay an exciting one or a boring one. There are a few things to be considered while selecting a topic for your essay.
2. Research the Topic well: before you even start thinking of writing you need to gather information related to the topic that you have selected.
The best way to collect relevant and reliable information is to use articles, journals, documents, books and newspapers etc to support your claim.
Make sure to take notes in detail, organize and acknowledge any data or information that you have copied from somewhere.
You can counterclaim your research as well because if you are able to disprove what you have researched, it gives your argument a complete look.
3. Do Brainstorming for Ideas: do not rely on research only.
Being the writer of the particular essay you need to give your personal insight as well.
Without your personal insight you will only be able to produce a plagiarised work based on the research you have done.
You need to understand and analyse the information to build up your own ideas. Sources can only be used to support your own point of view for a better essay writing.
4. In-Depth subject dealing: You need to first consider how deep you want to go in your subject. Do you want to keep your discussion broader or narrow it down?
It is advisable to choose a medium of ideal amount which suits your essay requirements.
5. Define the Purpose of your writing: What is your aim of writing a particular essay?
Is it with a purpose to inform the audience about something interesting or is it to persuade them with an aim of agreeing with your opinion?
Or are you trying to tell your audience an interesting story?
You need to define your purpose of writing a particular essay first.
6. Stick to the Topic: you need to be enthusiastic about what you are going to write.
If it is not according to your interest then you will never be able to put in your heart and soul in your work.
Therefore being passionate and taking interest in the task you are going to do is the key to a successful and smoother writing process and in the absence of enthusiasm it might become a taxing task.
You should create your thesis statement in your own words that is the gist of what you are going to talk about in your essay.
Your whole essay should be based around this statement making it the centre of your essay.
Whatever you say in your essay should amplify, support and prove your point in the thesis statement.
Need Some Help Writing an Essay?
Essay writing will still be a daunting task for you even after reading this article.
You do not need to worry about that as EssayFreelanceWriters.Com is there to willingly and readily help you with the best custom essay writing service on the web as well as with your assignment!
We have professional paper writers holding college degrees that assist our students in writing their assignments.
Whether it is a persuasive, expository, narrative or creative essay writing our experts very aptly know the structure and style of all custom essays and will successfully fulfil your requirements!
What are you thinking? Live chat with our experts and get started today!
Authenticity and Confidentiality Guaranteed
The authenticity of our freelance essay writing and the confidentiality of all the information are guaranteed.
We do not disclose private information of our customers and we do not reuse ANY custom papers.