Comparative Labour and Employment Law
Assignment 3 – 10 points
Purpose and Objective of this Assignment:
- The purpose of this assignment is to give the students the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of anti-discrimination laws in the work place, especially how the can effect women.
Expected Learning Outcomes:
- After reading and reviewing the chapter relating to Discrimination: The Statutes, The handout (also available on Blackboard), and related classroom discussion – the students will be able to analyze, summarize, and give a “client” legal advice based on the scenario presented.
Tools and Resources:
- Labor and Employment Law by Victoria E. Ullman
- UK Government Handout on Anti-Discrimination Law
- Microsoft Office
- Submit hard copy in class and soft copy via Blackboard
- Minimum of 2 pages, Times New Roman or Arial, font size 12
- Must have cover page with Name, ID Number, LAWB3316
- Your own work – NO cut and paste!
You are a lawyer working at WE WIN Law Firm. A possible new client comes to see you seeking your legal advice. She is a young black female who is an associate at a large law firm. The firm has a policy against sexual harassment that indicates employees should report sexual harassment and will be protected if they do so. Your client has experienced harassment in several forms. Partners regularly pressure young female associates to go on “retreats” at one of the partner’s cabins in the woods; these trips clearly have no business purpose. Your client doesn’t actual know what goes on there as she has never accepted an invitation to go. One partner has repeatedly told her she’s the prettiest associate the firm has and she must workout because she looks so good in her clothes. She asked after that not to work for that partner and she was moved. One senior associate constantly made inappropriate comments, including asking when she was going to get married and have babies, until she reported him under the firm’s policy. Although the firm is allegedly attempting to resolve the complaint, other partners criticized her for complaing only because she had handled a case poorly. What legal advice would you give her and why? Does she have a good case? What causes of action does she have?
|Content & Discussion |
– Content is incomplete.
– Major points are addressed, but not well supported or discussed.
– Content is accurate. Content is mostly complete.
– Major points are stated clearly and are well supported.
– Purpose of the writing is clear. All required points are clearly explained.
|Organization & Structure |
– Structure detracts from the message of the writer. Introduction and/or conclusion is missing. Paragraphs are disjointed and lack transition of thoughts.
– Structure of the paper is not easy to follow. Introduction does not preview all major points. Paragraph transition needs improvement. Conclusion is does not flow well.
– Structure of the paper is clear.
– Introduction previews major points. Paragraph transitions is logical.
– Conclusion flows from the body of paper.
|Topic Assessment |
-Paper does not present well documented research for topic discussion, and is well below required length.
-Paper presents some researched topics for discussion, and is half of required length.
-Paper presents adequately researched topics for discussion, and is almost required length.
-Paper presents logical researched topics for discussion, and is required length.
-Paper presents well researched and documented topics for discussion. Paper is the required length.
|Grammar, Punctuation & Spelling |
– Paper contains numerous grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors. Language is not clear or precise, and is hard to follow.
-Paper contains several grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors.
– Paper contains few grammatical, and a few punctuation and spelling errors. Language is mostly clear and precise.
-Paper contains 3-5 errors in grammar, punctuation or spelling. Language is clearly stated.
– Paper contains less than 1-2 errors in grammar, punctuation or spelling. Language is clear and precise.
|Submitted on time |
Failed to turn in the paper at all or was 4 or more days late.
Turned in paper 3 days late.
Turned in paper 2 days late.
Turned in paper 1 day late.
Turned in on time or early.
100 points divided by 10 = point value for this assignment
Authenticity and Confidentiality Guaranteed
The authenticity of our freelance essay writing and the confidentiality of all the information are guaranteed. We do not disclose private information of our customers and we do not reuse ANY custom papers.
Order custom written term papers, sample essays, thesis papers, research papers, book reviews, dissertations, speeches, book reports and other assignments. Exclusive writing in approximately 70 subjects. NO PLAGIARISM
Order a custom paper written from scratch
on practically any subject
Qualified writers only
Plagiarism free guarantee
It will just take you 2 minutes